Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Daddy's Girl Valentine's Day Card


This is a great little card that I made for my Dad this past Valentine's Day. No matter how old you are, or how old you dad is, it's never too late to let him know that you still think of him on Valentine's Day.
Here is what you'll need to make a card like this:
- Pre-made white card (or white card stock if you prefer to make your own)
- Valentine's related stamp (I used the word "Love")
- Ink that can be embossed
-Embossing heat tool (FYI- a hair dryer will NOT work and it's safer to use a heat tool)
-Embossing powder (I used one with colored glitter, but you could use black or whatever color will show up on red)
-hole punch
-Red card stock
-Green card stock - I used one that was pre-cut with a scalloped edge
-Red rhinestones
-Red fabric ribbon
-Velum Valentine/love text (I used one about my Dad, but you could handwrite a message or use another for of text like a rub-on)

Assembly is pretty simple, but if you have questions in general or about the embossing, just ask!
Happy creating!

0 comments: